Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The moments that took my breath away !


Life is not about the number of breaths you take ... but its that bag of moments that take your breath away..
                                                                                                           - Anonymous

A beautiful worded thought which touches me every time I read it. Coming to think of it , I was wondering about those moments that had taken my breath away and really  touched me .. those moments that I would love to relive very much.

Its not a long list .. less considering the fact that it has been 23 long years since i've been here ...  but alas I shall pen down some of them ... 
These are the moments / the events that changed me , made me , will define who  I will be and want to be ...Its only first glimpse of what is to become of me.


Date : Some Day in 2002. Doha,Qatar :  The First time I spoke to a Gathering : First public speaking Experience 


It was way back in 2002 , when some one showed the first sign of faith in you , something which you yourself never had. I was in standard 8  and I was a very dull , under performing kid who hated life so much and didn't feel it was something to celebrate ; rather a curse to be borne out with time. When that someone showed faith, even the slightest drip of it .. made me feel something must have been there in me .. (Alas with time I realized I was a NORMAL guy in every sense .. nothing very very special .. ;) ) Well that breath of faith was Life changing.. He said I could talk to people and express what I feel without fear. Thus, I spoke for the first time "INTO" a mike in the morning assembly. Though Sir had created the entire speech ...  took print out for me and made me read it out literally ...  I still remember that day ..  It was unbelievable that I could do it .. Years later the most important thing I have with me is my ability to talk and present myself .. that has won me success in my job and landed me with a job in the first place. A "Teacher" like him is the blessing every student ought to get and I was so happy to have met someone so Insightful, someone who knew how to connect with students and awaken the gift each of us have. His name is "J.D.Sing" and he was from Gorakhpur in UP,India.

Teachers have a great role in shaping us, it is the reason we like some subjects even to this day and some we hate to the core. In many cases, it is also the reason for what we chose as our career path (Which was accidental in my case, I shall get to it some other day ;) ). I must say that teaching is a great profession, one of the best which connects with the future. But alas I am always saddened to see teaching is prioritized to the lowest berth every time in our society. In engineering colleges, I always end up seeing people choosing teaching as the last resort to JUST have a job and not out of the passion to impart knowledge. In a country like India where engineering colleges have cropped up in every nuke and corner and has become a source for converting the so called "BLACK" into "WHITE" (Money of course ;) )and not for producing quality engineers who can service the country, it is only a distant dream we all can hope for, where in people teach what they know and with passion. Private colleges to this matter are worse where the teachers have no clue as to what they are teaching and take vengeance against students who question their MUGGED up theories by cutting down on their internal session marks. In the process they are killing the imaginative power and making the students feel "Engineering is for MUGGING UP".

15 Dec 2005 : Doha, Qatar 

The most memorable moment  was " When she said Yes " not literally but when she asked if may be some day I would like to marry her. That moment took my breath away .. I was blown away. The entire feeling was so different .. everything seemed so nice .. apparently it was my brothers b'day so people did not much mistake me as a screwed up ass as I was smiling all through out !!. Some emotions could be expressed but this could never be, to this date.

I'd always feel her around me even though she was far away from me physically. By just listening to her voice I could know what she felt ..  I was / am totally mad about her.

Someone who made me believe in GOD and changed my life forever.


30 Dec 2011 : Goa, India

If you want to party .. GOA is the place and you ought to be there during New Year's eve. For some time I even doubted if this place was part of our conservative India. I am not sure if people were from some other county or so but this place was full of Madness. It was fun | fun and party all through the day. Luckily I had with me an equally fun loving friend "Rameez". We partied all night and slept on the beach ....Woke up @ 6 in the morning shivering to the cold breeze that was swarming over the area...What a day it was and what a life people had. It was if only fun loving people were allowed in the city.


These are some of the best moments I had till date. Will pen down the rest soon...

No comments:

IndiBlogger - The Largest Indian Blogger Community